Smart security platform
About the project
The genesis of the project
Reducing security in public space has become a growing problem. Potential threats related to terrorism as well as dangerous events like brawl that appear almost on the everyday basis, requires a very quick response of the relevant emergency services, which is possible only thanks to the rapid detection of these events. The lack of modern, effective tools for the automatic identification of these events as well as lack of comprehensive solutions integrating small individual tools, has contributed to the idea of integrating the system for increasing the safety of public space with the urban lighting system. The developed technology will allow automatic detection of threats, informing relevant emergency services and even taking actions aimed at avoiding the threat. Neural networks and machine learning will be used in that system.
As part of the research, new knowledge will be obtained in the field of developing advanced algorithms for identifying specific events based on image and sound analysis as well as sensor data. Guidelines will also be developed regarding the design of the system and the transmitter, enabling operation in target conditions. At a later stage of the project, works related to prototype optimization and verification of the final solution in real conditions were planned.
The platform will have the following functionalities:
- Brawl detection based on image analysis;
- Faint detection based on image analysis;
- Explosion detection based on the acoustic wave;
- The firearms shot detection;
- Distraction, frightening the aggressor by signaling that he is being watched;
- Facial recognition and comparison with existing databases, e.g. a police database of wanted persons
The functional scope will be developed after obtaining feedback from planned pilot implementations.
Inwebit sp. z o.o. (LLC) implements a project co-financed from European Funds titled "Smart security platform - A system that increases the safety of public spaces" as part of the Wielkopolska Regional Operational Programme for 2014-2020, Priority Axis I: Innovative and competitive economy, Measure 1.2. Strengthening the innovation potential of enterprises in Greater Poland.
The project has been implemented since January 1, 2019 until June 30, 2020 in the Greater Poland Voivodeship.
Project number: RPWP.01.02.00-30-0187/17
Project value: PLN 1 120 537.50
Contribution of European Funds: 846 760.00 PLN
The aim of the project is to develop a product innovation - a system that increases the safety of public spaces, integrated with city lighting.
- January 2018 - Developing the concept of the project, establishing cooperation with the lamp manufacturer
- November 2018 - Receipt of a grant for research and development works
- January 2019 - Start of work
- September 2019 - Completion of the first stage of work, i.e. developing a model of the control system and transmitter, classification function for events like fights and polyphonic sound events
- March 2020 - Completion of the 2nd stage of work, i.e. developing functions for classifying events based on a gas sensor and developing algorithms for recognizing and comparing faces with the database of wanted persons.
- June 2020 - Completion of the third stage of work, i.e. test implementation of the web interface as well as tests and trial installation